Saturday 24 October 2015

Spot-Billed Pelicans at Lalbagh Lake, Bangalore, 2015

Hello friends,

It's been a long time since I updated my blogs. Today I share photos of Spot-Billed Pelicans that have visited the Lalbagh lake, Bangalore. In fact, these birds can be seen in several lake in and around Bangalore. The most famous birding sight being Kokkrebellur. The birds migrate during October, and stay until their young ones are born. This year around these birds have a little early, and their number is better than the previous year (on this day). Last week I also sighted Painted Storks; unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. Today, the storks were missing.

The Lalbagh lake seems have good amount of fish and insects for these birds to feast upon, The lake itself has sufficient water. I was surprised that the human chatter and presence (walkers and tourists) didn't seem to affect the serenity of these birds. They swam closer to the fence of the lake, and flaunted their beauty. If you visit the lake, take a moment to observe activities of these birds. Kindly don't feed them.

Sharing photo-collage...

Pelicans

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment